How to get texture image to fully cover obj

You can use this forum to share tips and tricks for using Monster Mash tool and how to combine it with other tools to create a desired artwork.
Lord_BradyRocks

How to get texture image to fully cover obj

Post by Lord_BradyRocks » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:37 pm

Hi,
I am trying to get the texture used to create the layer mask, to fully cover the mesh / obj.

I read from one of the tips and tricks posts, to increase the size of the texture image save it as a copy bigger, then bring it in. But no matter how much I scale the 2nd image texture, the obj still has white lines on the top middle areas where it does not fully overlap over the mesh.

How can I get the texture to fully overlap the inflated obj / mesh ?

Lord_BradyRocks

Re: How to get texture image to fully cover obj

Post by Lord_BradyRocks » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:39 pm

screen shot of image
Attachments
plant.JPG

dvoromar

Post by dvoromar » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:39 am

Hi, that should work! Here is an example of a leaf that I just created. Note that the outline of the leaf layer is approx. 2 pixel narrower than the border of the leaf. You can also look into the attached project file.

leaf_with_texture.jpg
mm_project_leaf_with_texture.zip
(441.36 KiB) Downloaded 2400 times

DarthR2`

Post by DarthR2` » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:32 pm

For certain more complex shapes scaling still might leave white (or transparent if png) lines around edges. I always love using the create layer from mask with a transparent png, but then save a separate jpg of the same image with the background filled in to roughly match the model and use that as the template image.

Lord_BradyRocks

Post by Lord_BradyRocks » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:09 am

Can you expand on this, like are you say make it all green for the template?
Thanks

by DarthR2` » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:32 am

For certain more complex shapes scaling still might leave white (or transparent if png) lines around edges. I always love using the create layer from mask with a transparent png, but then save a separate jpg of the same image with the background filled in to roughly match the model and use that as the template image.

Lord_BradyRocks

Post by Lord_BradyRocks » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:18 am

This was the plant image I was trying to get to not have the white / black lines on the edges
Attachments
plant
plant

DarthR2`

Post by DarthR2` » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:57 pm

Yes, so I would take the image into GIMP or some other image editor and make a version with the background all green. Use the transparent background for the mask, but the green for the template.
TemplateImage.png