Background images do not display

Topics about Monster Mash tool that did not fit in any other forum.
vr19511968@gmail.com

Background images do not display

Post by vr19511968@gmail.com » Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:50 am

Hi,
It is an amazing tool...!!! Congratulations to everyone who has been working on it....
I recently started to use it.
I am doing a work with animals and I think the tool could help me doing part of it.
But I am experiencing a problem with background images upload and display.
They are uploaded but not displayed. The show option on the submenu has been checked as well as the shading one as it has been suggested.
If I draw something and inflate sometimes the uploaded image is displayed but do not remains when I try to draw anything over.
Maybe I am not the first who is experiencing this...
The computer I am working with is a mackbook air 2024 and I tried it on chrome, safari, firefox...cleaning cache and everything....
no way to have it... I will appreciate anyone could help me out.
I am stuck and a little concerned as long as my project working time is flying and deadlines are coming...and I didn't try to install the tool in my computer once I have no computer and software background enough for....and I don't know this will solve the problem.
Thank you so much for anything...
Valter

dvoromar

Re: Background images do not display

Post by dvoromar » Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:22 am

Hi Valter!

The background image is supposed to be displayed behind an inflated 3D model. It is shown only in the Inflation and Animation mode. If you want to use an image as a template for drawing over it, you can use the "Import template image..." option. The template image is then used both for tracing and as a texture for the resulting 3D model.

If that does not work for you, please record the behavior and send a link to the video here.

Thanks!

vr19511968@gmail.com

Post by vr19511968@gmail.com » Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:44 pm

hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, things are not getting better.
Please check the link below for a video I made for you.

https://share.vidyard.com/watch/jFVnUDBEqddsrJ1yd2Azqw?

Please, also note when I use one of tool examples under Help tab and try to import a background or template. The tool does not even goes to the directory where the test image is. So can not upload any image.
I appreciate your attention.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks
Valter

vr19511968@gmail.com

Post by vr19511968@gmail.com » Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:29 am

HI Dvoromar,

I got some news for you.
After doing some tests with different images from a variety of sources I found out images from some sources like Canva are updloaded....as opposed to images from websites like istock, freepick etc....it does not work.
Would be kind and confirm this happens to you also? thank you

dvoromar

Post by dvoromar » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:56 am

Interesting! Seems like everything is working correctly on my end. Maybe that's a bug that only appears on macOS. Could you please post here a link to an image that is failing to display? I don't have a MacBook, but I can try on iPhone and iPad. Thanks!

vr19511968@gmail.com

Post by vr19511968@gmail.com » Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:30 am

It seems to me that images of same format are not encoding the same way.... as I pointed out images .png from canvas were uploaded without any problem....but from some other sources were not even being in the same .png format....
I thank you for your time anyway