my mp4 animation from mm (yes you can)

In this forum, you can post your results created using Monster Mash that you are proud of, or you can post links to artwork created using Monster Mash that you have found on the internet.
Forum rules
Please create a separate topic either for every artist or every result.

Note that you can share a result hosted on an external web page, such as YouTube, simply by pasting the link into your post.

If you choose to upload an image as an attachment, keep in mind that the maximum attachment size is currently set to 1 MB.
tinker

my mp4 animation from mm (yes you can)

Post by tinker » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:44 pm

here is the example of an animation made with monster mah, exported on glb format
imported in blender, and converted in mp4 format

In fact, it is very simple
with blender 2.93, simply, in the output properties panel on the right, choose the location
(the folder where your animation will be exported)
ex "my mp4" folder in your desktop otherwise by default the animations go to a .tmp folder.
and for the format; (for an mp4 format, choose the mpg4 line and h264 encoding in the output drop-down menu)
then, at the top, click on render animation and this creates an mp4 animation on your desktop :mrgreen: :D
giphy.gif
Last edited by tinker on Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tinker

Re: my mp4 animation fromm mm (yes you can)

Post by tinker » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:36 pm

in blender, you can import as many monstermash glb animations that you want, and scale them, rotate them, move them, note at the same time.....with blender you just go on with animating like you want
giphy2.gif

DarthR2`

Re: my mp4 animation from mm (yes you can)

Post by DarthR2` » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:28 pm

Cool! Yes, Monster Mash with Blender is a lot of fun! Just make sure you don't make a script to duplicate 500 copies of one of your creations. MM animations are shape keys with a separate key for every frame, so they will eat up a lot of memory. This lagged my computer so bad and was taking at least 16GB of RAM:

tinker

Post by tinker » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:26 pm

yes you are right,
with blender i tried the decimate modifyer and it gave this result!!
10000 vertices became 3000 but the modifyer daesnt want to be applied
however, the decimate effect accept to work (without the apply) and we can export the animation into mp4
and benefit from the lower weight of the glb animations ,but see the result!! :)
it can be interesting in some cases, probably...
Attachments
giphy.gif

Lord_BradyRocks

Post by Lord_BradyRocks » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:03 am

Hi,
That would be cool if you posted a YT of how you made your fish!

Thanks