Will there be any updates?

Topics on how to make Monster Mash an even better tool.
Lord_BradyRocks

Will there be any updates?

Post by Lord_BradyRocks » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:55 pm

Hi,
Just saw this tool and will be playing with it, it looks sweet. thanks for making it.

Will there be any updates like with some of the suggestions mentioned in this forum?

Like being able to change the width of the inflate, for different areas of an image, via the gui. (I read how you can do it via editing the txt file.)

Also what about a tri reduction for things that get generated with 100000 tris? I am using this to import obj into Roblox, but Roblox has a tri limitation, something like 6k or 8k or 10k or something...

What about a cut tool?

Also for texturing , a full wrap feature ?

How about a mesh merge (union) tool?

What about being able to have multiple meshes , and negate?

Thanks

dvoromar

Re: Will there be any updates?

Post by dvoromar » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:54 am

Hi! As this is a non-profit research project, it's more difficult to find time to work on it. But we have students trying to add some new features.

The triangle reduction should be quite straightforward. If it helps, I can add it. GUI changes are more demanding, so there's at least an option to do some tweaking by editing the project file. Mesh editing tools would be nice but for now you can compensate for their absence using a 3D modeler.

Lord_BradyRocks

Re: Will there be any updates?

Post by Lord_BradyRocks » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:06 am

Thanks for the reply.

What about a texture scaler, so that the outer edges of the texture that was the input does not have white lines on the other edges, or blackness?...

I think you said or someone did I could go in an tweak some files and such, but I have not tried that...

Hopefully the students might do some updates, that would be sweet!