Inflate rate and other questions

You can use this forum to share tips and tricks for using Monster Mash tool and how to combine it with other tools to create a desired artwork.
fbronnie

Inflate rate and other questions

Post by fbronnie » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 am

Hi everyone,

First of all, let me say what a great tool MonsterMash is and what excellent opportunities it creates for all users. Thank you a lot to all the creators of this little treasure!

Now the questions:
1. Is there a way to control the Inflate rate? I mean, to somehow control the thickness...? When my drawing inflates, it inflates at a very small rate. Let me show what I mean.
This is my model: an alien creature that I'm designing to help me visualize the characters of a story I'm writing.
In the inflate mode (middle), my model looks very thin on the sides:
Castiagan_B-A.PNG
What I would like is to be able to make it more like in the After (image roughly edited in Gimp for demonstration). See the distance between the legs?

2. Is there any documentation that can help me understand the settings/cps/layers files of a downloaded model (zip file)?
I mean, if they hold the key to a more customizable model, maybe I can learn how to do that directly from those files and I won't pester you with questions anymore :lol:
I have downloaded the "mm_project_horse.zip" from another thread of this forum just to have a look at the settings/cps/layers files of a more detailed project, but honestly, I don't know how to read this info...
cps.jpg
Any tips/ideas?

Thanks.

dvoromar

Re: Inflate rate and other questions

Post by dvoromar » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:11 pm

Hi fbronnie,

It's possible to control the inflation amount which is reflected in the thickness but there is currently no GUI for this. However, you can save the project into a zip file and then edit its content. There is a "settings.txt" file that contains the line "defaultInflationAmount 2", or you can add it if it's missing. By changing the number you can achieve a specific thickness of the whole object. If you'd like to adjust the thickness of only certain parts, you can create parameter files named "_par_XXX.txt", where XXX indicates the layer of a certain part - e.g., "_par_001.txt" indicates the second part, which also has the images "_org_001.png" and "_seg_001.png" associated with it. Then insert the following lines into the parameter file:

v. 0
inflationAmount 0.5 0.5

The first line is just a version of the file for internal use. The second line specifies the inflation amount for the front and back.

You can look into the attached example project that uses these tweaks for bird's thicker body and thin wings.
Attachments
bird-top-view.png
bird_mm_project.zip
(48.23 KiB) Downloaded 1426 times