Please add the ability to let us select simple shape outlines then draw with that shape.

You can use this forum to share tips and tricks for using Monster Mash tool and how to combine it with other tools to create a desired artwork.
kita

Please add the ability to let us select simple shape outlines then draw with that shape.

Post by kita » Mon May 24, 2021 11:17 pm

Hello, I think it would be a tremendous help to add simple outlines like a box, rectangle, and circle that the user could use to draw with.

I cannot draw a decent square or circle to save my life, so when trying to draw a cutout of an image that is in the shape of a square or circle, or oval shape it ends up being horribly ugly.

dvoromar

Re: Please add the ability to let us select simple shape outlines then draw with that shape.

Post by dvoromar » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:53 pm

Hi kita, thanks for the suggestion! In the future, we plan to add tools to make drawing shapes easier. In the meantime, you can use this alternative but somewhat tedious approach that we described in the CGSociety forum thread:

Save the project as a ZIP file, unpack the ZIP and you'll see a list of PNG files representing individual regions (_seg_*.png) and outlines (_org_*.png). You can edit these images in your favorite image editor and pack them back to a ZIP and open it in Monster Mash. Note that the outlines must correspond to the regions. Therefore usually the best approach is to edit a region image and create an outline image from it manually (e.g. using a lasso selection tool, shrinking the selection, and removing the interior of the region so that only a thin outline remains). Also beware that the described approach may cause Monster Mash to crash, especially if the gray interconnection outlines are more complicated.